I purchased a power pole saw form Stihl. I used once and had no problems.

The second time the saw would not run at all. I took it to the dealer I purchased it from. Their technician said that I needed a new carb, that the fuel I was using was not 91 octane. I told him it was the same fuel that all my other power tools were using, and they all worked fine.

They checked with the Stihl rep who denied my warranty. Stotz equipment where I purchased it, called me back saying that my warranty was denied and that it would be 101 dollars to replace the carb. However because this was an unusual circumstance, they would reduce the work price to 89 dollars. I attempted to call Stihl who referred me to their pacific coast rep, Gary Anderson, when I called him, I got his voicemail saying he was out of the office for over a week.

I called their corporate office again who told me to leave a message and someone would call me back. I called Stotz and told them to fix my pole saw for the 89 dollars. This unit is BRAND NEW only used once and I have to pay for service when the fuel works find in my other tools.

WEAK to say the least. Still waiting on a call back from Gary Anderson!!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments