1.9
Turnaround Time

Bought my ms 271 from faribault farm and home March 25.Used it about 2 hours every other week till September 17 when it blew.

Took it to dealer service for warranty work, seems like there is a pattern here... My fault, old gas, too much ethanol, maybe water maybe no oil (they can't tell?) blah blah blah.

BS, gas was fresh, mid grade per manual, oil was stihl and over mixed for safety....They won't cover it, the mechanic won't even give me a written explanation of what his diagnosis is for the reason of denial

Review about: Stihl Ms 271 Farm Boss Chainsaw.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

#1411977

Same for me on a new MS361, hard to start, no power, then not starting at all.The first day I took it back because it would not start, the dealer got it started but no power.

Took it back to dealer, they pulled the muffler and the piston was ruined.They accused me of using gas with no oil.

They still have it in their shop waiting for word from Stihl.The salesman at the dealer don't seem to interested in getting my saw running or a replacement.

I am waiting on what they are going to do in the end.

The saw is not worth the money to hire a lawyer and go to court.But I can bad mouth the dealer and Stihl if they don't get it fixed or come up with a new saw.

to Dale DuBois #1412083

I had to take my saw to a second repair shop at the request of the stihl corporate guy who contacted me. Their "gold star" service tech took 2 hours to confirm lean condition from bad seal and replace my saw. Original farm and home mechanic still insists it was bad fuel oil issue

robertwr1958

pull the muffler off and see if the piston is scared if so you have a case for lean running cased by leaking seal or base gasket .

Stihl treats there dealers very bad and pay very little on warrant work. That is why some dealers or always in a bad mood when it comes to stihl.

to robertwr1958 #1384717

Corporate got me to another service tech and they confirmed exactly what you said, lean condition leading to detonation from bad carb seal... Ended up getting it covered and new saw

to Kahona73 #1411975

Took it back to dealer, they pulled the muffler and the piston was ruined. They accused me of using gas with no oil. They still have it in their shop waiting for word from Stihl. The salesman at the dealer don't seem to interested in getting my saw running or a replacement.

I am waiting on what they are going to do in the end.