1.8
Turnaround Time

Bought a chainsaw at a dealer 15 miles from where the saw was going to be used. Got to parents house and tried 4 hours to get it started, called dealer in Shamrock TX to see how to return it and was told 1st that "most people flood them", and so I informed the manager that we considered that and it was not flooded so what was the return policy?

and then was told "I am looking up when the rep will be here", what does that have to do with anything? The manager states that the rep has to say if can be returned or not. I live an hour away from this store I am not going to go back and forth 2 or more times to return or get this POS fixed! I took it to another dealer in Pampa TX (B&G Electric) and was told that the magneto was out and they would fix under warranty (but I should take it to the original dealer) I asked them to fix the chainsaw under warranty because I would not step in that store again so after a week I had a working saw but lost the help that day and did not have help for 3 more weeks because of Stihl's policies!

B&G Electric stated that the saw should have been full of all fluids and started before we purchased it - the store in Shamrock could barely find the directions so fill with fluids and started was not done per Stihl's policies! It took 2 months to get an apology (and offer of a gift card to his store - advised him to keep it) from the store's owner and nothing from Stihl!

So be aware of return policies of any appliances - inside or outside - that you purchase! B&G will get business from me but MARKET SQUARE THRIFTWAY IN SHAMROCK TX lost any future business from me!

Product or Service Mentioned: Stihl Ms 250 Chainsaw.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Policies.