1.7

Update by user Aug 21, 2016

This should read 2015, not 2016.

Original review posted by user Aug 20, 2016

On 29 May 2016 I bought a new HS-46 C hedge trimmer. The trimmer worked fine through the

Summer. It is used at the condominium where I live. Then, the following year, I started trimming

our shrubs again in June and found that the trimmer was not running good at all. It would start

fine but after about thirty minutes of run time, the trimmer would increase its rpm and the blade

would start cutting and it would not idle. I figured that the carb would need adjustment, so I took

it to the dealer where I bought it ( Airport Road Small Engine ).

The dealer called me after examining the trimmer and said that a main bearing had failed. They said

that I would be better off buying a new unit. I did that.

Later, I disassembled the old engine to see the failed bearing. To my surprise, the bearing had not

failed but was loose in its housing. Either the engine housing was mis-manufactured too large, or

the bearing outside diameter is too small. In either case, the bearing outer race is not held captive

in the engine. There is at least .020 inch gap between the bearing and its housing.

Since the trimmer was only 1 year old, I think that I should receive warranty for the failure of your

parts. I showed this trimmer to my dealer after I disassembled it and he agreed that it is the fault

of Stihl and I should receive warranty for this unit.

Review about: Stihl Hs 46 C-e Hedge Trimmer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments