1.4
Turnaround Time

I purchased a stihl 251c chainsaw 6 months ago because they supposedly have the best saw and best warranty. Boy was I wrong.

the saw was used a total of about 2 hours in 6 months... still on the first gallon of gas/oil mix. And yes it was mixed properly. I was using the saw when it quit.

Would not hit a lick. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they took it apart and said the cylinder was all to pieces. They contacted stihl for warranty , which was denied. They said the problem was caused from ingesting dust through the air filter.

The mechanic told them the air filter looked brand new and had never been taken out. The answer stihl's warranty department gave to that was that I must have run the chainsaw without the air filter on it. Needless to say I will NEVER buy another stihl product. Today I bought a poulan chainsaw for a third of the price.

Having owned poulans in the past, I can get 3 or 4 years out of them. When it quits running I will throw it away and get another one. If stihl can't make a better product than that, they should close their doors. If you make a product that poor you should at least honor the warranty.

So do not buy stihl products.

they will not stand behind their product. The warranty is worthless, because it will always be YOUR fault their product failed.

Review about: Stihl Ms 251 C-be Chainsaw.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

Wow you got ripped off. I only paid 350 for my 251c be. I'm thinking if you were dumb enough to pay that much you probably wrecked the saw too