My husband purchased a Stihl chainsaw from Battlefield Equipment Rentals in Guelph, Ontario two months ago and dealt with Matt Sherriff, the Branch Manager. After using this product twice it stopped working.

My husband took it into Battlefield Equipment Rentals and Matt informed him his technician in the store has looked at it and product has ceased and it will be more expensive to repair so he advised my husband to purchase a new chainsaw. Matt informed my husband he had completed the warranty and had sent it off, however, we have no copy of this. I have since emailed Matt and asked for a copy of the warranty and I am still awaiting the email.

After hearing this story I thought what a joke. There is no way we were purchasing a new chainsaw after two months of purchasing this product.

I contacted Matt and asked him if he would email me with the name of his technician and a description of his findings. He refused and said he is not going to do that for me.

I asked him what type of manager does not back a customer or the product. I informed him if he treats his customers in this manner he is not going to have a business for much longer.

I am now taking this matter further to Stihl.

Comments