My nearly new Stihl MS271 chainsaw would not re-start after fueling so I took it to the dealership for repairs under warranty. They advised the saw lost compression because the cylinder was scored and the piston and rings were shot.

They further advised that upon reviewing photos of the shot top end, Stihl refused to repair under warranty because it was obvious from the photos that I used stale gas which voided the warranty. Further, I used pump gas with ethanol that damages their product. I had the identical problem with my previous chainsaw. That warranty was voided as well, because I did not use Stihl two-stroke oil.

A recurring pattern emerges in which their throw-away, disposable product fails and then they blame it on the consumer. Read the terms of your warranty carefully and you will see that they will never have to honor their product warranties because they have so many conditions for voiding in complete disregard of proof or evidence.

They should change the name of their spelling to "still" because that is the permanent state of their saws after a short period of use! I too am switching brands.

Review about: Stihl Ms 271 Farm Boss Chainsaw.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments