Hampton, Virginia

I am on my 2nd TS800 due the crankcase cracking behind the coil mounts.Both saws have cracked in the identical place.

This appears to be a weak spot on this saw. When you have had 2 saws break in the same place there has to be a issue. I have had TS400 used them till they would not run anymore, nothing has ever broken.

The repair cost is very high.This should never happen with a saw of this reputation, Also have owned many STIHL chainsaws and no issues, the TS 800 I have has many years left on it, but due to the crack its toast.

Review about: Stihl Ts 800 Cutquik Machine.

I liked: All products until this issue.

I didn't like: 2 saws breaking in the same place.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $1500
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Stihl?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

TRUGREEN IS SUPER TRUE UGLY, that RUINED MY TRUE LAWN Trugreen "After I hired Scott's/TruGreen Lawn Service for DE-WEEDING, my lawn went from needing a Deweed care to one of the worst looking lawns in my community. I was so upset..." Read more Dimeo Farms - BLUEBERRY NAZI! Dimeo Farms "Never have I had such a terrible experience than at DiMeo Farms. This place is a total scam. Anthony DiMeo III is a certifiable narcissist who is completely..." Read more Stonemakers - StoneMaker's training Stonemakers "I have been a StoneMakers dealer for 4 years now I did the training after my tour of duty in the Marines. Yes, I heard some of the grumblings from..." Read more Englert - Avoid this gutter product Englert "We installed LeafGuard Nov 2013 after seeing it demonstrated at TX State Fair. It never performed as promised. Our old gutters with mess to prohibit leaves into the gutters actually..." Read more Warning! Stay away from Roca Labs, Gastric.care and Don Karl Juravin Don Karl Juravin "Before you buy, make sure you do your research on the companies that sell Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery and their new "invention" as they call it , the "Magic..." Read more Pizza Hut - Delivered pizza Pizza Hut "Ordered a lg handtoss pepperoni and mushroom pizza with extra sauce on line to get special. No spray or seasoning on crust. 11 minutes after I placed my order it..." Read more Sears Garage Door (through the internet) Sears "Summary: 1. New garage door ($1,400). 2. Two months of use. 3. Garage crumples from top down due to improper installation (garage opener set improperly). 4. False advertising (Sears uses..." Read more Don Juravin - Hoax alert! Roca Lab's Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery proven to be a sham! Don Juravin "Don't fall for this internet quackery called Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery. This stuff tastes terrible and shockingly the owner of Roca Labs who claims to have invented this stuff..." Read more